Every web entrepreneur and online business designer needs a set of tools and resources, myself included. So here’s a nice set to get you going:
1. Market and keyword research
- Market Samurai – for me, the only tool worth checking out when it comes to doing market and keyword research. Market Samurai provides a completely free keyword research module, and 7-day free trial modules for: online competition analysis, rank tracking, publishing content, and more. The full version of the software starts at $97.
2. The basis – getting a domain and hosting
- Go Daddy – easy domain registration for less than $10.
- Host Gator – reliable hosting. One of the leaders in the field. You can start for less than $4 a month.
3. Setting up a website
- WordPress – the best website operating system available. Period. And it’s free. Visit this site to get a copy.
- ThemeIsle – one of the best looking and most functional WordPress themes on the internet. Affordable and reliable. Remember – don’t use free themes – they’re evil.
- Thesis Theme – one of the most popular theme frameworks on the web. I only recommend this if you already have a web developer who has the experience and can manage it for you. Big SEO possibilities, according to many satisfied users.
- TeslaThemes – the newest player among WordPress theme stores. Impressive and beautifully designed, properly structured themes. What else would you need?
4. Setting up an email list
- MailChimp – my favorite email delivery service. Extremely easy to use, and they even offer a free plan for people who are just starting out with email marketing.
Training material by ProBlogger:
- ProBlogger’s Guide to your First Week of Blogging
- 31 Days to Build a Better Blog
- The Copywriting Scorecard for Bloggers
6. Books worth reading
Some of my most favorite books. Each with an Amazon link:
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- The 80/20 Principle: The Secret to Achieving More with Less by Richard Koch
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs by Carmine Gallo
- Outrageous Advertising That’s Outrageously Successful by Bill Glazer
7. Additional tools
- Productivity tools – I put together a large feature on the top productivity tools out there. Check it out to grow your daily efficiency noticeably and get s*** done!
- The Best Spinner – the name says it all. It’s the best article spinner available. Not only my opinion, but hundreds of other marketers’ as well. You can get a 7 day trial for $7.