Do more. Work less. Tips that save time.
I don’t usually repost stuff.
Actually, I never repost stuff.
But there’s this one short article I stumbled upon at Business Insider that hit a complete home run with me and I knew I had to share it with you guys.
The article’s so true.
It’s so accurate.
It’s so relevant to anyone who’s doing anything that can be considered “business.”
It’s so spot-on if you’re facing any kind of challenge right now.
It’s exactly the kick we need to keep us going and help us achieve great things in our lives.
That being said, the original presentation of the article did suck a bit – guess nothing’s perfect. So if I’m going to repost anything, I want to step the game up a bit and give it some top-notch presentation!
Honest note. If there’s anything you can read this week that’s going to have a significant impact in your life, it’s this.
19 hard things you need to do if you want to be successful
(1) you have to make the call you’re afraid to make
(2) you have to get up earlier than you want to get up
(3) you have to give more than you get in return right away
(4) you have to care more about others than they care about you
(5) you have to fight when you are injured, bloody, and sore
(6) you have to feel unsure and insecure when playing it safe seems smarter
(7) you have to lead when no one else is following you yet
(8) you have to invest in yourself even though no one else is
(9) you have to look like a fool while you’re looking for answers you don’t have
(10) you have to grind out the details when it’s easier to shrug them off
(11) you have to deliver results when making excuses is an option
(12) you have to search for your own explanations even when you’re told to accept the “facts”
(13) you have to make mistakes and look like an idiot
(14) you have to try and fail and try again
(15) you have to run faster even though you’re out of breath
(16) you have to be kind to people who have been cruel to you
(17) you have to meet deadlines that are unreasonable and deliver results that are unparalleled
(18) you have to be accountable for your actions even when things go wrong
(19) you have to keep moving towards where you want to be no matter what’s in front of you
You have to do the hard things
The things that no one else is doing …
… The things that scare you …
… The things that make you wonder how much longer you can hold on
Those are the things that define you
Those are the things that make the difference between living a life of mediocrity or outrageous success.
The hard things are the easiest things to avoid
to excuse away. to pretend like they don’t apply to you.
The simple truth about how ordinary people accomplish outrageous feats of success is that they do the hard things that smarter, wealthier, more qualified people don’t have the courage – or desperation – to do.
Do the hard things. You might be surprised at how amazing you really are.
(Here’s the source. And let me just say, I’m so jealous it’s not me who came up with this post.)
Please share this list with whoever can benefit from it. They will thank you for it. I honestly believe this.